PRIVACY DECLARATION FOR USE OF THE CONDATIS WEB APPLICATION AND PARTICIPATION IN THE CONDATIS NETWORK MAILING LIST
This declaration was last modified on 15th August 2018.
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of an individual shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with the laws of England, UK. By means of this privacy declaration, we would like to inform you of the nature, scope, and purpose of the personal data we collect, use and process.
For use of the Condatis Web Application processing shall always be in line with GDPR and is undertaken for the performance of a contract.
Separately, software users and non-users have the option of
participation in the Condatis network mailing list; processing related to the mailing list is undertaken on the basis of consent.
When you register as a Condatis user and/or join the mailing list, your name and email address will be stored, and it may be linked to other information about you, specifically:
- your answers to the questions on the registration form
- how much you have used the Condatis software and when
- other information you have voluntarily provided to us, e.g. by email
- To the extent that it is needed for the smooth functioning of the software, e.g. to deliver email notifications when your analyses are ready, or when there are important changes to the software
- To evaluate our own project performance in providing services that have a real-world impact
- In anonymised form, to report the Condatis project’s performance to those who enable our work to continue, including current and potential funders, statutory agencies and providers of infrastructure
- If you consent to join the mailing list, to send you email communications which we believe will be of interest to you
- To take reasonable measures to keep your personal data secure
- Wherever feasible for data processing, to keep personal data separately from non-personal data or to anonymise data
- Not to pass personal data to third parties outside the University of Liverpool
Additional Information relevant to the Condatis Web ApplicationSecurity of personal information online
Condatis has implemented numerous technical and organizational measures to ensure the most complete protection of personal data processed through our website. However, Internet-based data transmissions may in principle have security gaps, so absolute protection may not be guaranteed.
Data Collection Online
The Condatis website may collect a series of general data and information when a user interacts with the website. This general data and information are stored in the server log files. Collected may be (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers), (4) the sub-websites, (5) the date and time of access to the Internet site, (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and (8) any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems. When using these general data and information, we do not draw any conclusions about the user. Rather, this information is needed to (1) deliver the content of our website correctly, (2) optimize the content of our website, (3) ensure the long-term viability of our website technology, and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack. Therefore, we may analyse anonymously collected data and information statistically, with the aim of increasing the data protection and security and to ensure an optimal level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by a user.
Additional Information relevant to the Condatis network mailing listThe Condatis network mailing list is used for communication about training, events and news relating to the Condatis project. We may contact you to provide information to assist you with using Condatis, to gather feedback about Condatis or to invite you to contribute your knowledge to support other network members. You are free to unsubscribe at any time.
Unsubscribing and data queries
If you wish your personal data to be removed from the Condatis Web Application, you may terminate your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish your personal data to be removed from the Condatis network mailing list, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions at the end of all mailing list communications
If you have additional queries or requests regarding personal data, contact email@example.com in the first instance. If this does not resolve your query, the Data Protection Officer (sensu GDPR) is currently:
University of Liverpool
Legal & Compliance
The Foundation Building
765 Brownlow Hill